uAttend for recruitment agencies
Keeping track of staff on different sites, contracts and shifts can be a problem. Businesses such as recruitment agencies can find it particularly challenging because of the number of staff involved, staff turnover and the need for client transparency and accountability.
The challenge of managing staff in recruitment agencies
At a time when firms are experiencing recruitment difficulties, it’s no surprise they are turning to recruitment agencies. Recruitment agencies specialise in providing staff for many sectors (e.g. hospitality, agriculture, manufacturing, etc.) which for a variety of reasons choose not to recruit directly. Recruitment agencies can plug the gap and help with identifying and screening candidates, processing their applications and interviewing.
Good hires are one of the most important assets for any business. Once the right candidates have been recruited they need to be subject to effective workforce management if they are to contribute to your firm’s productivity, profitability and competitiveness.
Yet recruitment agencies face particular challenges in accurately keeping track of a high volume of temporary staff, often across multiple sites with different clients.
How one recruitment agency manages its temporary workers
One recruitment agency, MK Personnel, uses automated time and attendance systems to keep track of their agency staff. MK Personnel chose uAttend to enhance their managed onsite contracts by accurately monitoring their temps, and opted for clocking terminals. Much simpler than other, particularly paper-based alternatives, it also cost a lot less.
The recruitment firm provides staff to a Milton Keynes-based manufacturing firm, Broadways Stampings Limited. Broadways used to use swipe card clocking-in to keep track of its 210 employees. However MK Personnel suggested they try uAttend. Now Broadways have switched to using biometric fingerprint terminals which are installed over two sites. You can read more about this story here.
Apart from simplicity and cost, another major advantage is that Broadways can access the Broadways uAttend account of its staffing agency.
Benefits to recruitment agencies of using an automated time and attendance system include:
- Multiple site management – recruitment agencies can track staff for the entire duration of their contract. Clocking-in terminals can be installed in multiple locations and moved around as contracts begin and end.
- Prevents time fraud – you can choose clocking-in options which discourage ‘time fraud’ or ‘buddy clocking’, useful when managers are not on the same site.
- Site safety – the data collected about who’s on site in real time can be used for fire roll call in case of emergencies.
- Authorised shared accounts – recruitment agency and client can share access to the same staff time cards enhancing synergy between firms and streamlining workforce management.
- Monitors absences – the real time dashboard shows if staff haven’t clocked-in as expected. Recruitment agency managers can then take prompt action to provide replacement staff where needed and have accurate information to tackle any persistent late offenders.
- Runs reports – the system can generate reports on hours and costs which is handy when billing clients.
- Exports data to payroll – timesheet data can easily be exported to your own payroll software to save on manual reconciliation.
- Easy scaling – subscriptions to uAttend can be scaled up or down as employee numbers change, handy for the recruitment agency sector where staff numbers constantly fluctuate.
In short, time and attendance systems provide an excellent integrated workforce management solution to help recruitment agencies increase efficiency and achieve cost savings.
With a cloud-based clocking system such as uAttend, you can take advantage of 24/7 access to information rather than being tied to specific sites and office hours.