How the smartphone clocking in and out app works in uAttend
The uAttend smartphone clock in and out app is a quick and accurate way to track employee attendance on remote sites or when they’re on the move. The mobile clocking app records clockings and clocking locations, (if you choose the geolocation option). Employees are not tracked at all times, which means particularly if they are using their own phones to clock, there are no issues about privacy.
To enable smartphone clocking, uAttend system administrators select the option for each employee you want to mobile phone clock in your uAttend online account.
The uAttend smartphone clocking system comes with additional features. Staff can use the smartphone app to:
- Clock in and out having chosen a department (or location or site) into which they are clocking.
- Leave a note for the administrator if they want to.
- Check their clocking in record using the timecard feature.
- Edit their timecard if you choose to let them, including adding annual leave and booking doctors and dental appointments.
Supervisors can also use a smartphone to see who’s clocked in real time, as well as to look at employee timecards and gang clock in groups of employees if they are a foreman or supervisor.
Geolocation tracking for smartphones
When setting up the permission for mobile phone clocking, geolocation can also be set.
Administrators can choose to:
- Set the clocking as ‘global’ which records the actual geographical position of the employee clocking in, wherever they are in the UK, (this is useful if you have service engineers out and about for example). Or around the world.
- Set a fixed UK location (or locations) and an optional ringfencing* clocking radius within which an employee can legitimately clock in. If the employee attempts to clock in outside the specified ringfenced radius they physically can’t until they’re within the location area set.
The employee simply uses the free smartphone app to clock in remotely, (the app doesn’t track their every move just the clocking in / out location). When they’ve finished they clock out again using the app – easy!
Managers and supervisors can click on the timecard edit link in uAttend which shows where employees have clocked in from, whether it’s a global or UK fixed / ringfenced location.
* The uAttend geolocation ringfencing tracking option is only available in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Getting up and running with the uAttend mobile attendance system is simple
- Choose the monthly pricing plan for the number of employees you want to clock in.
- Click this link to sign-up for a uAttend online attendance system account
- Follow the simple set up instructions, (if you need help, there’s online resources and access to the friendly UK helpdesk (which is part of your monthly subscription – not an extra)
- We’ll arrange a free follow-up training session to make sure your uAttend attendance system is working the way you want it to.
If you are looking for information about uAttend phone clocking using landline phones click here.
Any questions, or if you’d like an online demo to see how clocking in with uAttend could work for you, call 01761 410015, email us, or click the chat icon.