Are you losing money with an outdated time & attendance system?
Time is money. This has never been truer than when dealing with employee timesheets, absences, payroll and staffing data. So making sure you don’t have an outdated time & attendance system is vital.
Supervisors everywhere will have burnt the midnight oil trying to work out John’s hours, Claire’s wages and Kashia’s holiday requests. Not only are these essential management tasks time-consuming, but they are also error-prone when not done properly.
It makes sense then to consider a better way of doing these jobs without spending hours using imperfect manual processes or tracking down locally-held data.
Luckily, the latest software developments provide solutions for hard-pressed managers trying to juggle workforce management with other important parts of their job.
Time and attendance systems are simply a way of automating a whole chunk of these business functions – from clocking in, getting information to payroll, monitoring sickness absences to dealing with holiday approvals.
But what if your system is outdated?
How to tell if the system no longer works for you:
Due to the pandemic, work has changed since 2020. Remote work, flexible work and job sharing are more common than ever.
Does your time and attendance system cover this?
Does it have geolocation tracking at clock-in? App or web-based clocking methods and a way for your managers to track worked hours?
Is the system available 24/7, wherever you are in the world? And on all manner of devices including PC, Mac, tablets and smartphones?
If you’re on-site, has technology evolved to factor in new concerns, such as germ or space sharing? Temperature scanning devices and no-touch clocking are the future.
Understandably, the front-end of a business takes priority, but if you neglect your ‘back-office’ functions, like time & attendance systems, then you might be eating into your profits.
Cutting corners on dealing with employee attendance can be counter-productive.
In particular, sectors such as construction, care and cleaning, with staff on varied shifts or who work remotely need to look at the following areas of their business to make sure they are not losing money.
Where you might be losing money:
Accurately recording employee hours.
Review your outdated time & attendance ‘clocking-in’ systems. Are you still relying on manual or confusing timesheets?
Research frequently highlights how thousands of pounds are being lost every year by many UK businesses as a result of inefficient clocking in systems.
Businesses should consider more accurate and up-to-date ways for their employees to ‘clock in’ wherever they are.
Time spent compiling data manually for payroll and other reports from employee timecards takes time and is prone to error.
It’s also time that managers could be spending on more productive tasks.
Not to mention the possibility of lost documents and data breaches.
How accurate time and attendance software can benefit you:
- Cloud-based software means service is available 24/7 on-site or on the move. As there is no software to upgrade or install, it’s all done for you. Updates and new features are included as part of your monthly subscription, saving you even more time and money.
- Take care of headaches around tracking your employees. You can do away with time-consuming punch cards or manual timesheets and choose from a range of clocking options, from swipe cards to smartphone clocking and easily installed biometric fingerprint and face readers.
- Real-time access. Managers can easily log in from any location to approve timesheets, to see who’s in, who’s out, who’s early, who’s late in real-time from any PC, tablet, or smartphone. No more chasing paper time cards for answers.
- Save on all the time spent calculating hours worked and the pressure of getting it all into your payroll system on time. Time and attendance systems do this hard work for you automatically and accurately. You can set up the parameters, the rates and so on, and then it is all calculated and processed for you each month.
- Dealing with individual holiday requests from employees by phone, email or on bits of paper is a nightmare. Time and attendance systems enable staff to make their requests through the system meaning that you can deal with them when you’re ready. Crucially you’ll be able to view other holiday approvals and easily assess your approval to avoid clashes.
- Easily run reports on hours worked and other reports by employee, department, or company-wide. You can use the system to monitor absence and sickness rates to tackle the areas costing the business money.
Choosing a new T&A system
Say goodbye to outdated time & attendance.
There are new and easily-affordable solutions out there for businesses to consider. For example, a system such as uAttend is ideal for businesses large and small.
uAttend enables employers to manage all of their employee time tracking from one system. From timesheets to holidays and other absences, this information is managed in one simple cloud-based solution.
uAttend not only keeps track of absences, giving managers instant access to valuable data, but this resourceful system also allows employees to ask for time off online and managers to approve/turn down those requests. The time-saving benefits of this feature will be obvious to hard-pressed managers everywhere.
Automated time & attendance systems mean a boost in both your employees’ and managers’ productivity – that’s good news for your bottom line.
- Unlimited UK helpdesk support
- Online training
- Software updates & feature releases
- Lifetime warranty on all uAttend terminals.
To book a demo, click here.
To watch a pre-recorded demo, click here.